10.08.2008

Oh...How they bounce back!

Yesterday Caitlin informed me that her "neck" hurt, so I told her it would be ok and sent her back on her way to play! It was one of those oops moments as a mommy...Where I should have asked a few more questions. Well a couple hours later I noticed I hadn't seen or heard her, so I asked Isabel where her sister was...To my amazement Isabel informed me that Caitlin was in bed asleep! I immediately knew something wasn't right....So I went to see my sleeping child, taking along the thermometer, flashlight and butterknife! Temperature 100.9...throat red with pockets on her tonsils....Time 4:45 (Doctor office closes at 5!) Speed dial #3! Praise the Lord they were willing to stay to see her!Michael had gone by the library on the way home, so I loaded up all 3 girls and off we went! Sure enough the poor child had strep! Next step of course was to fill her antibiotic... so off we all went to Target. Finally arriving back home and giving her her antibiotic and some tylenol, she went on to eat 2 adult size portions of spaghetti (her favorite)! Now here we are today and the child has informed me that she is all better! I know it has been said time and time again, but I have to say it! Children are so resilient! As an adult there is no way I could bounce back that fast!

No comments: