5.24.2010

Busy Busy Bee's!

Since Caitlin's last day of school last Wednesday we have stayed busy busy!! I am trying to keep their summer as full and fun as I can... So far we are on a roll!! (Yay Mom!!!) Thursday we went shopping at the outlet mall in Pigeon Forge or as the girls call it "the outside mall". Friday night we had a date night with some friends (saw the new Robin Hood) and the girls got to spend a FUN filled evening at the church with our Sunday school teachers (they are SO awesome) and their small group - They must have had a ball, because they didn't want to leave! Saturday we ran some errands and went to the library - they LOVE the library! Yesterday after church we pulled out the inflatable whale pool... and yes the older two are waaaay too big for it... BUT they had SO much fun! Ava Maxi had a blast too. Last night we all curled up on the couch and watched the original Annie... There were LOTS of things I didn't remember being in Annie! I must say I'm not sure what those folks were on when they wrote such a thing for kids! Nonetheless the girls loved the singing and dancing and Sandy the dog of course!
Today I took the "Big" girls, Catie B, and Caitlin's friend Anna to see How to Train Your Dragon... It was SO cute cute cute!! Toothless the "main" dragon reminds me of one of our cats (Kizmet) could just be because they are both midnight black and have green eyes... But I like to think their personalities match! Yeah, so I'm a nut!
I am trying to home school the girls a little every morning so they wont be brain dead at the beginning of the school year. Bel told me tonight that home school is her favorite thing and wants to do it every day! Woo Hoo! Caitlin is working on her multiplication and Bel is working on subtraction. We also made journals and they are going to write in them daily... I think it should be fun and keep them sharp. And of course we are going to read read read and read some more!
Took Bel with me to the grocery store tonight and we bought duck bread for tomorrow... So I guess we are off to the duck pond in the morning! Well it's off to bed with me for the night... Goodnight!

No comments: