6.22.2011

Endoscopy

So yesterday I had my endoscopy and walked away with pretty pictures of my insides! Im telling you even my sonogram picts weren't this detailed! Anyways... Endoscopy's not so bad MUCH better than the HIDA scan.... Ugh! Really no big deal. I walked into my gastro docs office and checked in. They have a "procedures" building attached to the doctors office. Once I was taken back to the procedures part I was asked to change into a hospital gown and was able to leave my pants and shoes on. An IV was started, and monitors placed onto my finger (I hate that thing!).  I was asked a gazillion health questions and then asked the same questions again by the anesthesiologist. He explained he would give me some medication that would make me sleepy and then Id take a nap! Yay for naps!! He informed me that once he started the medication it would only take 10 to 15 seconds for it to take effect. Boy was he right! I was out for the count! A bite guard, which had a hole for the camera tube to pass through was placed in my mouth. The procedure was done (I was COMPLETELY out and remember nothing about the actual procedure). I woke up in a recovery room. My throat wasn't sore, nothing hurt... It was completely pain free except for the poke for the IV.  After I was awake and they removed my IV and monitors they retrieved the hubby and he was able to come back to the recovery room with me. They brought a wheel chair in for me to sit in and we waited for the doc to come in and talk to us. Doc showed and explained the picts to us and said my stomach looks good! No offense to the medical community but I told you so! Gastro doc has referred me to the general surgeon who I go see for a consultation in the morning. Gall bladder has got to go! Hope that solves the issues I am having...  We shall see!

No comments: