6.15.2011

Normal... Are you kidding me??

SO my gastro doc called last night to give me the results of my HIDA scan.... It came back normal! Well here's what I learned about a HIDA scan "Normal" result... It means NOTHING! Doc asked me a series of questions about what I felt during the contraction medicine they gave me to make the gall bladder contract. I told him about the extreme nausea and major upper abdominal pain. My tech said that would only last 10 min or so... WRONG! The nausea did fade within 10-15 min... But the upper ab pain didn't go back to "normal" until extremely late in the day. Doc said he thinks I have a diseased gall bladder and that I need to have it removed... BUT (there's always a but) he wants to go ahead with the endoscopy (camera down the throat into the stomach) to rule out ulcers. Dotting i's and crossing t's basically. He believes that removing the gall bladder will fix my problems... All my symptoms are "textbook" gall bladder symptoms. So now we wait till Tues and see what the endoscopy shows...

No comments: