8.17.2011

I spy... The Natural History Museum?

This past weekend was my father in laws birthday... SO the girls and I flew up to D.C. to surprise him! Pretty sure mission was accomplished and the birthday boy was truly surprised. My sister in law and niece were in D.C. from Denver too so it was a family get together minus the hubby.... He had to work :(
Day 1 we headed to the Spy museum... Here is my official review:

This was a moderate priced activity $18for Adults $15 for children 5-11 Seniors receive a $1 discount making their ticket $17. If you visit Mt. Vernon save your ticket stubs... They will give you 50% off admission to the Spy Museum! I had extremely high hopes for the museum. Our children are no stranger to them and generally LOVE all the hands on activities.... Unfortunately this was not one of those kinds of museums. The atmosphere and decor are fun and exciting.... There are a lot of interactive spots throughout but they are for much older kids.... As in preteens or older.  Lots of reading, memorizing, video watching! Overall it was ok and if I would've had the time to really look at everything, I might have learned something!

Day 2

We headed back to a place we have been time and time before The Natural History Museum. Its A-MAZ-ING! It never gets old. The girls love the dinosaur bones and all the pretty minerals. They darted from one exhibit to the next their eyes getting wider and wider at each one... They were truly enamoured by everything they saw and touched.

All in all we had a great weekend full of family, learning and fun! 

No comments: