5.18.2011

Emergency Rooms Suck!

Hubs and I in the ER


So Monday after I picked the girls up from school my stomach (between my ribs and belly button) started hurting... Took the girls to soccer practice and the pain started getting worse...Curled up in a ball on the couch by 9 I knew I needed to go to the doc. Our neighbor graciously came over to stay with the kids who were already in bed asleep. I thought we wouldn't be gone more than a couple of hours...WRONG! We should have been home by midnight... But between the doc shift change apparently the new doc forgot about me! First doc swore it was a ruptured cyst on my ovary.... Nurse swore it was kidney stones... All I knew was it hurt! Both were wrong... Ultrasound ruled out a ruptured cyst and urine came back clean. My nurse blew my vein in my elbow vein (why would you put the IV there anyways??). I have a lovely bruise from that. After 2 does of pain meds and no relief,  they finally did a cat scan of my belly (why wasn't that first on the list??) only to reveal... Notta! Then just as fast as it came on it went away... After a dose of super IBP... Makes no sense to me!  I was finally released at 3 a.m. Tuesday. I still have no idea what caused the pain, but I am thankful there wasn't anything majorly wrong.

No comments: