5.05.2011

Saving while spending!

What a GREAT week for savings! It's funny I've gotten to know myself a little bit through this weeks savings too... Like I am like the nutty people (to a certain extent) on TLC's show Extreme Couponers. I may not devote rooms or "unique" spaces to my stock pile.... But I will climb in the newspaper recycling bin to dig out other peoples "trash". I am AMAZED (especially in an economic down turn) at how many people throw out their coupons without ever even looking at them... It's like throwing out money people! Oh well their loss my gain! I've been "digging" and clipping all week, but the savings of this week was well worth all the hard work.
So here is the run down.....
 Kroger
$218.99 Retail
$94.43 Paid
60%/$124.56 Savings

What I bought:
3 Capt'n Crunch
2 Rice Krispys
1 Life Cereal
2 Fruit Snacks
2 Ground Turkey
1 Beef Steak
4 Perdue Chicken Breast
1 Gallon Milk
7 Propel Waters
1 Frank's Hot Sauce
4 Butterfinger Snacks
3 Knorr Pasta/Rice Sides
2 Ragu Spaghetti Sauces
2 Banana Chips
5 Emerald Trail Mix
2 Eggo Waffles
2 Natures Own Bread
4 Starkist Tuna
4 Oral B Toothbrushes
12 Old Spice Mens Body Washes
3 Nivea Mens Body Washes
3 Johnson & Johnson Baby Washes
2 Nivea Body Lotions

Target
$47.40 Retail
$30.92 Paid
35%/$16.48 Savings

What I bought:
4 Tostito Chips
4 Friskies Wet Cat Food
2 Cliff Shotblocks
2 Fruitables Juice Boxes
8 Lysol Wipes
2 Welches Fruit Snacks
1 Q-Tips
1 Cars Puzzle








Kroger
$52.23 Retail
$9.60 Paid
85%/$42.63 Savings

What I bought:
3 Capri Sun Juice Pouches
2 Ragu Spaghetti Sauce
10 Butterfinger Candy Bars
4 Nivea Womens Body Wash
1 Nivea Mens Body Wash

Total retail was $318.62 I paid a total of $134.95 a savings of $183.67 or 42%! I know it's not $1200 for $120 or anything, but every bit helps and some weeks are better than others. All in all an average savings of 42% is pretty exciting to me! I hope it excites you to start your couponing journey... Lets face it no one wants to pay retail!

No comments: