5.06.2011

Saving and Giving...

Well I finished up my Shopping for the week today! A second trip to Target was needed, a stop at Walgreens, and Aldi's for produce and odds and ends. So here's the run down...

Target



$42.12 Retail
$1.86 Paid (after $15 gift card that came with a Target purchase)
40% savings (not including gift card)

What I bought:
4 Friskies wet cat food
2 Whiskas wet cat foot
Welches fruit snacks
Nivea gradual self tanner lotion
3 Aquafresh toddler toothpastes
Toddler jelly sandals
Washable dry erase markers

I love Target... No secret there! I get great deals and love their gift card offers! I was able to use a $15 gift card I got when I purchased a gift for Caitlin's birthday (next month). Today that gift card helped me knock my total down to $1.86! That's beyond a GREAT deal! Ava got new pink jelly sandals for $5... Are they not the cutest?! She LOVES the jellies I got her at Gap and when she saw these she was sold! Ok.... So was I!


Walgreens

$105.26 Retail
$39.92 Paid (Plus I received $5 in Walgreens register rewards)
61% savings/$65.34

What I bought:
Pantene Shampoo
Pantene Conditioner
Head n Shoulders Shampoo
Head n Shoulders Conditioner
Huggies Little Swimmers
2 Men's Right Guard deodorants
6 Gillette Men's Sensor 3 razors
9 Sunflower Seed packets

Walgreens is quickly becoming one of my fav stores to coupon at! With their Walgreens register rewards and store coupons + being able to stack with a manufacture coupon makes for some amazing deals! I am still getting used to the fact that you have to have at least the same amount of items as the number of coupons... I find myself having to make sure I have enough "filler" items. The sunflower seeds filled that purpose this trip at 3/.99 they were cheap and I had a great purpose for them - A lady in our SS class is going to Haiti and sunflower seeds were on her items needed list! Win win!

Aldi's

$29.72 Paid

What I bought:
Oranges $2.99
3 Cheese and Sticks @ .99 ea
36 ct Freezer pops $2.39
Cocktail sauce $1.09
Water $2.49
Jalapeno Poppers $1.99
Egg Rolls $2.49
Apples $2.69
Eggs .99
Bananas $1.01 (.44 ea lb)
2 packages Strawberries @ .99 ea
Napkins 250 ct $1.49
Whole Milk $2.99

I've really fallen for Aldi's! Especially their produce prices... Which we go through a lot of! Its nice to take a "break" from couponing when I go there, since they do not take coupons. I love the concept of using your own bags and bagging your own groceries... It reminds me of Paris, were we had to do the same. Since our Aldi's opened I think I've had the same cashier every time except once!

So today I got an email from one of our SS teachers asking for items to be donated to help out storm victims in Alabama.... Enter my stock pile of toiletries! I was able to pull out toothpastes, shampoos, conditioner, toothbrushes, body washes, soaps, dental floss, mouth wash, razors, deodorants, ect... All without making a dent in my stock pile! Plus I got those items for free or for cents on the dollar! I love saving, I love free, and I love helping where I can... God is so good to me and blesses me SO much... I'm glad I can pass some of those blessings along!

No comments: