3.06.2011

Sisterly Love... Or something of the sort

My older two are best friends which is a heavenly dream come true, BUT and it is a big BUT! They fight and argue like... well... Sisters! The other day they were at it fighting about this and that (mostly who was going to play with what and when). So Daddy separated them for the day... No more built in playmate... So how'd that go? Yeah... Not so well! They got caught many times "interacting" so finally Daddy grounded them to their beds where they were allowed to read and that was it. After a few hours Momma finally let them out but informed them they were still to remain separated.
The day/night difference in their interaction at times baffles me! I grew up during those early adolescent years as an only child (my brother came along 2 weeks before I turned 16 and my sister came along 2 weeks after I turned 19) I didn't have siblings to play with or argue with. When my friends and I had had enough of each other we would retreat to our own homes.... I am learning as a Momma of 3 girls 2 of which are only 18 months apart that sibling friendship is most definitely a Hyde/Jekyll relationship! It's going to take me some time to figure out referring such a relationship... and as the teenage years come it's only going to get worse I'm afraid! Maybe I should just have the hub commit me now?!

Oh the joy!

K-

No comments: