3.22.2011

Have you seen me?

When I started this idea of blogging I had this big idea - The big idea was figuring out who am I?
I've been married for 12 years this year... I'm 30...
I've been a mom for 9 years this year... I'm still 30...
I've been me for 30 years... Well sorta...
Somewhere between wife and mom... Me got lost.
Now don't misread what I am saying here-
I LOVE being the wife and I ADORE the little people who made me the mom, But who am I now?
I think most women out there go through this at some point and I've been trying to figure it out and that's why I began blogging... Well ok it wasn't ALL about that... I wanted to document this and that too.
The absolute truth... I got married at 18... Most people would say I was crazy and looking back I probably was- But it was one of the single best decisions I ever made! I am my best me with him - I can be my worst me too... Mostly I am my best me though because we've grown up together. When you get married at 18 and 19 the world is against you.. Or so it seems! Those first years were rough and it could have turned out a lot different... But we made it through the storm and here we are... Happy and hopelessly in love all these years later.
So 18... married... Michael's wife.
...21 Caitlin's mom.
...22 Isabel's mom.
...27 Ava's mom.
...30? Still figuring it all out... Well the me part at least.
Here is what I DO know:
I am blessed beyond all measure!
I am a sinner.
Jesus loves me and died for me.
My family is everything!
I have lots of ideas.
I talk A LOT!
I'm a meat and potatoes kinda girl.
My favorite color is red... But it has to be the right shade of red.
I like my nose.
I dont like feet... Unless they are baby feet.
I admit when I'm wrong.
I am a great friend!
I have lots of pet peeve's
I know more about most sports than my husband.
I love to travel.. I wanna see everything.
I hate politics.
My friends rock!
I am very opinionated.
I don't sugar coat... I will tell you those pants make you look fat.
I am honest.
I try to be crafty.
I am logical and illogical at the same time.
I feel music.
I see me through different eyes just in this list.
Anyways... You get the idea... Im a nut ok?! ;)

People talk about retirement... I always say I don't want to retire!
Retirement means my babies have grown up! And yes I want them to grow up... Just not as quickly as they seem to be doing so! Maybe when I "retire" I'll learn who I am? Maybe through blogging I'll learn who I am?
We shall see!

You'll soon learn I babble and tend to ramble and contradict myself... I have horrible punctuation
(As you can tell) and I use lots of "Krisa-isms" (For the love of Peter, Paul, and Mary!) Yes I say that sorta stuff all the time... Just ask the hubs!
There is a reason why I didn't major in English!

K-

No comments: