4.14.2011

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

What an amazing verse! Too bad as Christians we turn it into materialistic riches, an easy ride, and a promise of life without hardships. The hubs and I were having a conversation the other night. He was saying he wondered why there were so many religious articles in the news lately. My response (and personal opinion) was that in an economic downfall "faith" comes out in forces believing God is standing by waiting to solve our problems without any changes on our part or consequences to be had for our actions.... A little backround on me and my faith. I grew up in a Christian home was saved and baptized at 13. I attended a private Christian high school (where I met my hubs) have attended church on and off throughout the last 12 years of our marriage and have tried to live a Godly life (I've failed... A lot!). I've desired to have a closer relationship with God and haven't always done my part to make the relationship what I want it to be. But He has always been there for me... Not always the way I've wanted Him to be.... But He's always been there. He's said no to me a lot over the years when I've prayed for certain things. Im still praying for certain things that I have been for years and Im learning His timing is not my timing and His answer isn't always what I want it to be. But isn't that what being a parent is? Doing for our kids what is best for them, even when they dont understand why? I see His hand in my life and ask Him to steer me throughout the daily routine I have. Maybe thats why I find this verse so inspiring. It promises the end result but people need to remember it doesn't promise an easy road to that end result. We have become a society of wanting everything right now and judging a person and ourselves based on our financial success and the car and home we have. It really is a sad thing and we can blame the government or God or whomever we want... But in the end we are to blame... Myself included. I am only human and fall into the keeping up with the Jones' mentality often. In the end I know the Lord is there to catch me... But I also know that He will allow bad things to happen to teach me the lessons I need to learn, and if need be He will teach it more that once if I don't get it the first time. God is not an "item" or person you shelf for later or in case of an emergency. He is there always in the good, in the bad, and yes even in the ugly. But He is not a magic genie standing by waiting to give you your every hearts desire, or bail us out as a nation who have over spent and put ourselves into a hole over the last 50 years... It didn't happen over night. It took time to dig the hole and its gonna take time to fill the hole back in and its going to take a lot of hard work on our part as a whole. Its not about democrats or republicans or a miracle... Its about hard work, discipline and learning to be satisfied with the blessings we have and not with obtaining more and more.
I realize I have babbled here and some of this doesn't "flow" together or maybe even make sense to you. But I will always just let out whatever comes out and hope it reaches someone on some level. Im not standing on a soap box and Im not pointing the finger at people... Im standing in front of the mirror and looking at myself and seeking changes within myself. So please dont take this as being "preached" at... That is NOT my intention. Have a blessed day!
May the Lord bless and keep you!

K-

No comments: