4.19.2011

Thankful Tuesday


Photo by: David C Clark   

With Easter coming Sunday it seems only fitting to be thankful for a savior I know I did not deserve. The words are easy to say... But I often wonder if as Christians we truly mean them? It seems as we live in a world with a mentality that its all about us/me. I mean don't we really? How often do we get up in the morning and think about making someone else life better just because... and expect nothing in return. Most of the time we are too preoccupied with our own daily agenda to think about others. For me Easter is about more than Easter egg hunts and bunnies... Its about a man who was so selfless that he was willing to die for all of mankind's sins... That's a pretty big deal... Isn't it? Do we give Him the respect that we should for such a huge sacrifice? Do we follow  His example of selflessness? I'm not saying we should (obviously) hang on a cross and die for the sins of our fellow man... But would it be too much to ask to help your fellow man a little more? I know I could. I use being the busy mom and wife as my excuse to myself... The age old if I had more time I'd.... We are all guilty of it I guess. But today I am thankful for His selflessness and hope I can follow in those GIANT footsteps and be more selfless myself.

No comments: