4.29.2011

Sentimental...


These are the hands that thought me this game. They helped teach me to fish. These hands spoiled me rotten over and over again. These hands made me my first cup of "coffee" (milk with 2 drops of coffee in it) when I was young... Sippy cup young. These hands have always been there to hug me and to love me unconditionally. These hands are those of a long ago farmer. These are the hands of my grandfather whom I call Papa.  I am blessed to have him and am thankful to still have him here on this earth at the age of 89.  I've  made a few extra calls to him this week just to hear his voice and to tell him I love him. He means the world to me and although he is in excellent health right now and still able to live on his own with his wife. I know someday may come where I cant just pick up the phone and say I love you. So Im trying to do it every chance I get. He lives in Oklahoma and we are in Tennessee so we only see each other 2-4 times a year. He is an amazing man whom I respect and love. I am so thankful to God for him everyday!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh girl...thanks for the cry. Grandparents, and great grandparents are so special. The older I get the more I love (and miss) mine. As Deedee would say "You better be a good grandma to your grandbabys" and I know we both will. Love you carrot! :)

Krisa said...

Love you too Pea!